Saturday, February 23, 2008

New arrival!

This morning, just as John and I were leaving for the boat show a BT Openreach van turned up! I went to speak to the engineer who told me his job was to activate the phone line today. A simple test, however, revealed one small problem - no wires connected the post! Am I missing something, (no but the post is!) or should BT have known this information from the start?? He phoned his manager who apparently was not happy and said he would personally look into it first think Monday morning. I have lost count of the number of BT employees who have told me they will "look personally into it..." and still wait for the next installment of the joke, sorry story!


Now to the boat show. Really quite disappointing from an inland canal point of view. Very few boats and the interesting chandlery bits had to be searched for between large floating plastic hulls and kayaks! Even so, it was an enjoyable and interesting day with many people spoken to, met and contacts made!!


Now to my new arrival. Meet Lenny!
Lenny is a young, male Leopard Gecko who now lives proudly in my old fish tank.
I used to keep lizards and snakes including a Green Iguana in a converted wardrobe and it seemed a good use of an old tank to start back up again with a small little critter. Don't worry, I have no plans to expand any more - just Lenny to keep Simba company on long lonely days!!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a boat show? I thought it was an outdoor living show? hence (probably) the boat section - or lack of!

 
At 7:38 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

The title is The National Boat, Caravan and Camping show so yes, boats should be included and there certainly was a heck of a lot of plastic - just not much steel. The big Ordenance Survey outdoor show is in March I believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home