Monday, February 11, 2008

Busy, busy and BT!!

I will start this evening with a very public thank you to Steve and Julia for an amazing afternoon and evening yesterday and the most mouth watering roast dinner you could imagine. I never knew that Gloucester Old Spot tasted so good and I promise to have a roll a day from now on!!....
Generally a good day today with regard to jobs. Woke up this morning to a glorious sun rise. As my promised BT engineer hadn't arrived by about 9.00, I pinned a notice on the gate and popped into Rugby to get some bits for the boat so that I could make good use of the time. Arrived back home and replaced my bathroom and kitchen roller blinds that had squashed one fly too many for my liking!
I then took away the aweful blind from the saloon and replaced it with a lovely curtain on a wooden pole rail.
Tomorrow,I need to finish it off by some fastening to stop it blowing anywhere near the stove!
By 1.00, the BT engineer hadn't arrived so I phoned. I was promised he was on his way and would arrive before 2.00. By 2.00 - no BT engineer so I phoned again and was told that the call had been cancelled due to a "technical reason" - whatever that is!! Needless to say I hit the roof and all the little Indian chap could say was what was written on his screen that I had to re-book a new call. I eventually got through to someone who I could hold a conversation with in English who was extremely helpful and informed me that BT had no right to book the call in the first place as it was Open Reach who dealt with initiating a new line and that even the phone number I had been given couldn't be guaranteed to be mine as Open Reach deal with all that!! I hit the roof again and have now started proceedings to get the one hundred and twenty four pounds line install fee waived as I have wasted the day and given out my phone number to people with instructions to use it from today. I now have to wait until Open Reach contact me and re-book the engineer. Utterly appalling and it has totally confirmed in my mind that BT are going to do nothing now except to activate my line. I will then transfer all my calls and internet over to Tiscali. I strongly recommend anyone who wants a fair and efficient service does likewise!
I was given some lovely table legs the other day by a fellow boater for me to burn. They look far too good to burn so I have fastened them together with dowel and wood glue and made a post for my bed - I now sleep in a one poster bed!!
Tomorrow, I hope the glue will have dried clear and I will use the second curtain from the pair I bought for the saloon, together with a matching valence, to 'embelish' round the top of the bed and the post. I'll post a picture if it works!!
I also bought some de-greaser and bilge paint and can't put it off any longer. I need to climb into the bilge tomorrow and get extremely mucky and wet cleaning it all so that I can then pain tthe bilge, I'll just pretend all those rust patches are BT engineers - that get the job done quickly!!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laugh out Loud!! I've just handed on my 4 poster bed to the daughter - opting into a more modern low level bed - Still any bed I have in K2, should she ever float, will be at floor level under the tug deck, so better get used to getting on down!!

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I like tradition! I can only have one post as the other 3 sides are against the boat sides, but hey - even one post adds a touch of class! At least I can sit upright in bed without banging my head on the deck above me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home