Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chimney and mist - take 2!

Thanks to T-Mobile that suddenly decided to just drop all signal connection from having a steady 2 bars of Umts at just the point that I clicked the 'publish' button, I am trying again but this time with Orange!

Firstly I have published a picture of my new chimney and you can just see the exhaust lagging sticking out at the bottom! Next weekend I hope to get an angle grinder so that I can do the job properly.
With the first signs of long awaited sunshine today, I felt enthusiastic and began spring cleaning! Managed to wash all my curtains as well as mats and anything else that moved. Another 5 loads of washing but the curtains do look good. With the absence of wind this evening, my mist display at the front of the boat looks as if the boats on fire. Here is a picture of the display earlier today:
I also managed to get out for my first canoe of the year today! Although the water was jolly cold and my hands lost feeling pretty soon after starting out but I thoroughly enjoyed it and must go out more often at weekends and leave the cycling to the weekday evenings as it's quicker!

2 Comments:

At 3:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The water feature is very pretty, but I thought you said in your last post that you had planted winter pansies .... did you uproot them in order to plant up the polyanthus???

Love the blog,as a fellow teacher (secondary technology) I identify with the frustration that is the need to mark!
Ann

 
At 3:26 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Oops! well spotted - I like plants but don't knowe a lot about them!! Whatever they are, they are the same plants as mentioned before - pretty coloured things what grow in cold wevver!!

A secondary teacher eh - I take my hat off to you. I enjoy them just before they get hormonal and lippy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home