Friday, January 18, 2008

BT, new boats, bikes and bruises!

An interesting week with a few developments. I have decided to explore the option of getting a BT landline activated. The infrastructure is in place here in the marina and BT have been booked to activate my line on 11th February. I really want to get a high speed broadband connection and wireless hub on board but the phone line would also be a bonus, particularly for incoming calls - I even now have a Rugby phone number!
Some friends of mine, Derek and Sheila Mills are having their boat finally built. I first met Derek and Sheila on the Battlefield moorings up the Ashby when they were in the first early stages of planning. We had a lovely afternoon together and now they are watching their 'baby' develop from a lump of steel to a beautiful Jonathan Wilson/Darren Aldridge creation called Clarence. It's amazing how an early folded lump of metal like this.....
will eventually turn into a vessel with lines like this.......
Certainly Clarence is going to turn out as a beautiful craft. Derek comments on his new boat by saying,

You might notice that the swim is S shaped, this is a Jonathan Wilson speciality
on his Josher replicas apparently - looks interesting, it apparently greatly
reduces wash and makes reversing a bit more predictable, we'll see in a few
months.
Other unique/ new bit it seems is the weed hatch "funnel" which
totally isolates the hatch from the rest of the boat and allows a larger fuel
tank.
I shall post a few updates on Clarence as the build progresses as this is clearly an interesting project close to my heart so watch this space....
Tomorrow, I collect my new bike. I have a lot to do this weekend but obviously would like to try out the bike and see how I get on with it - hopefully no sprained ankles!
Which leads me on to the 'bruises'! My knee is still playing up. I am heavily dosed on Ibuprofen tablets and gel still and it's difficult to know if it is getting better or if I'm just getting better at controlling the pain. When the tablets wear off, it is very painful and still keeps me awake at night on occasions but I am trying not to limp so much in the hope that it will ease off soon.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people who really understand kness are physio's, not doctors! Believe me I know from bitter experience.

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

You know - you are absolutely right! Thanks for this. It is getting much better now I think but if not,I will seek out the nearest physio......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home