Sunday, January 06, 2008

Flying time!

Here we are at the end of another holiday and staring down the barrel of the next 4 weeks! Back to work tomorrow after an interesting Christmas break. Somehow yesterday I managed to get a splinter lodged just in the folds of skin between thumb and first finger of my left hand - boy does it hurt and stubbornly refuses to be poked out!

Still running! Managed to pop out for a jog this afternoon and have now worked out a nice little route that only takes around 20-30 mins. A good route that starts on a bit of road and then ends in a nice soft towpath jog. It's good to feel the initial impact lessoning and my average heart rate gradually dropping - hopefully soon I'll see the weight dropping off too!!
I leave you today with a couple of little changes to Khayamanzi! The brown and scraggy looking conifer tree I had on the front gas locker in a wooden barrel has now been replaced by a much more pleasing and shapely box tree!
I have also finally taken the plunge and got rid of my fish tank.
It used to live where the clay pot now is as demonstrated on closerexamination by the brownmark on the shelf from water spillages! That's one reason I got rid of it. The second was the diminishing stocks of fish coupled with cloudiness of the water and ongoing maintenance. The third reason was that I was fed up with sitting in the evenings listening to the constant buzzing of the pumps! It has helped to open up the boat a lot more and also helped trim her a little more!
I guess, as usual, when I'm back at work, postings here will become slightly more infrequent depending on time and the general interest, (or lack of,) of my life over the next few weeks!!

4 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, Blogger BigJohn said...

You didn't say what you did with the fish. Were they tasty?

;-)
BW

John

 
At 2:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - postings can't be as infrequent or boring as mine !!
Oh to get to a boat blog again!!

 
At 8:22 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

They may well be you know, (as infrequent I mean, not as boring!!)

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Ah John - the fish, thereby tells a tale!!

I sold them for a good price to a local Polish community; they said something about batter as they left....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home