Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back home.

It's good to be back, especially when you've spent the day cruising in what has felt like the Arctic! Set off this morning at around 9.30 ish and arrived back at Brinklow at around 3.00. The wind got steadily harder and the temperatures dropped as we continued the journey and round the bottom of Nettle Hill and past Les Wilson, it was perishing! A good fire kept my father and I in shifts and it was very welcome when we got back in. The return was interesting as the wind was blowing North Easterly instead of the usual South West. A South Westerly wind is actually helpful but today it didn't want tooblige and kept blowing me away from my birth instead of onto it!

Had time to go shopping, spent half an hour trying to line up the jolly satellite dish in the wind and even managed to get to the sports hop to get a hi vis vest for my proposed jogging. I think the first run will be tomorrow - have St. John's on standby and if there are no more posts after this one; you'll know why!!

All the Christmas decorations are now down on board, one load of washing is completed and the carpets are hoovered - just about getting back to routine. Tomorrow my brother is planning to visit on his way back from a few days walking in the Lake District and then back to school on Monday still, only 4 weeks 'till half term!!

Apparently a few flurries of snow is expected tomorrow, that will be fun but unfortunately it's not expected to be too much. I know the temperature has dropped and the wind is still bitingly cold out there but another log on the stove should sort that out....

3 Comments:

At 1:52 pm, Blogger Eldred Curwen said...

Try Lake District Holiday Cottages. A an exceptional provider of Lake District Holiday Cottages with a 5 star rating and pet friendly cottages it is simply one of the highest rated accommodation provider's in England.

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

Hiya its Lisa here on the narrowshop boat. Just came accross your blog. I will add it to my blog friends and keep popping back if thats ok!?. We are a shop all year round and The Ice Cream Boat in the summer so you will spot us no trouble!. We are heading to Chester in next few weeks then in May London canals. Take care for now luv. Lisa http://thenarrowshop.blogspot.com/ do feel free to viit my blog sometime. Thanks. Lisa

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

OK, I'll try again thanks to a poor T-Mobile signal tonight!

Blatant advertising here but hey - both worth posting. The Lake District is my May hiking location and so the link may be useful and I remember buying an ice cream from the narrow shop last summer when it was moored outside All Oaks Wood, (I think!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home