Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The future's bright....

Good bye T-Mobile!! I am about to call T-Mobile and cancel my contract as of its termination. I now acces much higher speed, (including HDSPA in selected areas,) and a much more reliable speed and connection via my HTC TyTn 11 unit and all for an extra eight pounds per month instead of thirty via T-Mobile!! The only downside is that I have to prop the phone up in the window of the boat in order to get 3 bars of UMTS service! Currently I have 2 months free trial of a package that means all data transfers are totally free after 7.00pm and at weekends. During the day it is charged at one pound fifty per MB. This package would cost me a fiver to continue per month but I wish to have a package that means I can use data all day without worrying. I now also use Skype on the handset to call people on computers and thanks to Oranges 'Magic Number' service, all calls to my fathers mobile are free any time!!

The first performance this evening with the kids was outstanding! I was so proud of them all and they were a real credit to the school and themselves, (blimey, I'm sounding like a teacher here....) Final show tomorrow evening and then last day of term on Thursday. My father is up for the evening and a couple of days from tomorrow and then I leave to visit 'Down South' on Friday some time for Christmas.

Well, this is the first blog update that come courtesy of my new set-up with Orange. Watch this space to see how I get on with it.....

4 Comments:

At 3:15 pm, Blogger Kev's Blog Space said...

I've had the M600 for about a year now. Craking phone / comms device. HTC make some great stuff. I have had them since Orange started selling them right from the ?? 500. I still use an old one on the boat on a PAYG and get all day data for £1. when I ma there.

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

The big question is... does anyone know what they're general covarge is like along the canals for data?? I seems to be fine with the voice signal but not sure about data coverage from Orange

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Kev's Blog Space said...

Where I'm moored I sometimes get the E come up. Sometimes I get data when I have no voice signals, but don't know why.

I think the two are on different systems.

I'd be surprised if 1 Orange let you use Skype and 2 if you can get a fast enough connection. I'd be interested to hear the results of that.

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Orange actually advertise mobile Skype as a selling point for the handset so I hope I can Skype with them - I'll be cross if not!! I have conducted a few test calls on Skype and it works fine so far on 2 bars of UMTS - I'll keep you posted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home