Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Confused?

Watching the news yesterday and I saw the horrendous story of the stabbing of a 14 yr old boy in London. Apparently he was stabbed and killed only yards from a local police office. Innevitably the mother was 'up in arms' regarding the closure of the office so the reporter went to interview the police. Apparently the estate is very rough and so the police office is only open one day per week on health and safety grounds! Am I missing something here? I may be over simplistic but I would have thought if a police officehad to be closed on health and safety grounds, that's exactly the time the police need a greater presence. I thought the police were here to uphold health and safety not vanish when things get too tough!!

Sitting here this evening typing this and the wind, once again, is getting up - big time! The temperature on the way home this evening was reading as 13 degrees in the car and I drove home with the windows open. Crazy weather for December!

I really need to make a little trip to Rose this Saturday for diesel, pump-out and a few other bits and bobs in addition to stretching the legs of Khayamanzi. Wind and forecast looks scarey but the trip WILL continue: Dunkirk spirit and all that!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 am, Blogger Boatwoman said...

Hi Andy.
I read that as well, and thought WHAT.
I really do not know what the world is coming to.
How crazy is this weather, it is 11.1C outside this morning and 25.1C inside our boat phoarrrrrrrr.
It does not feel like Christmas at all does it?
I can well imagine it is hectic at school at the moment with festive preparations.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Jo

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jo and thanks for the comment.....and now the wind is back up again this evening!!I give up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home