Saturday, December 01, 2007

Troubled night and lazy day.

Well, true to the weather forecast, during the night the wind was on top form. Banging and blowing me about, I got up at about 2.00 this morning to remove my satellite dish before the wind did the job for me! I quite like the wind - it's cosy on board listening to it but a pain in the neck when it constantly blows my satellite dish out of line. Today was a lazy day. Emptied the ash and re-set the fire, got rid of rubbish, filled up with water, cleaned and hoovered the boat, changed a gas cylinder and bought a new one, bought 2 more bags of coal and topped up with diesel to name but a few jobs completed.

Rose Narrowboats are getting a spare glass shade for my oil lamp which I hope to get next weekend. Met another reader of this blog who hopes to come into Brinklow as soon as they're boat is built. Due to the wind, the fire is drawing well and it's hard to shut it down. Tomorrow is the grand lights switch on in Rugby with a Victorian fayre so John and I plan to make a visit. With this in mind, my traditional Sunday roast is cooking today. Roast chicken with roast potatoes, parsnips, sweet potato and broccoli!

The Christmas tree is up at school, my 2008 calenders have been ordered and we are now officially in December - where has this year gone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home