Saturday, November 24, 2007

The heat is on....

Collected my heating unit again this morning after a bleary start to the day following on from a late night last night at work! I got home last night at just after 10.00pm and really didn't feel like getting up this morning as temperatures dipped to -3.7 degrees over night. John helped me re-install the central heating system and even mounted it on rubber feet so that it now runs almost silently from inside the boat. The only trouble now will be that it won't wake me up in the morning when it fires up!! Apparently it had only done 600 hours which was nothing in 4 years and was in a very bad state - I even have the rusted away and sooted up old burner as a momento!!

This evening: steak, chips and peas, a bottle of beer, central heating running flat out to support the coal stove and curl up in front of X factor with 'Countryfile' magazine to read during the ad. breaks while Simba snoozes at my feet - doesn't get much better than that.....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home