Sunday, November 18, 2007

Foul!!

All night the rain was lashing down and the wind howling. Woke up this morning and the satellite had blown out of line and the cable filled with water! I sorted that out and then John arrived and we took my central heating unit to the rendezvous at the Motorcycle museum in Birmingham! Hopefully that will be sorted soon and I will be able to collect it and get it fitted back on. The wind and rain hasn't stopped all day today and it has been thoroughly miserable. Did something almost unique this afternoon - had time for ME!! It was so miserable that I updated my main Khayamanzi.com site with pictures and details from my October half term trip, updated the map of where I have been and added a slideshow and some music to the homepage. The rest of the time was spent cooking a delicious sage and onion stuffed roast pork dinner and reading magazines - a thoroughly enjoyable, lazy and 'all too rare' day!
Just for interest, I googled the images for the key word 'Narrowboat'. A little late but an interesting read none-the-less, was the first image linked to the BBC news story of a narrowboat falling off a lorry onto the M1 - I bet that broke the crockery! There is an interesting series of pictures showing the recue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home