Sunday, November 04, 2007

Updates....

What an idiot! I have been informed by Adam that the consultation on red diesel closed on 31st October! Typical of me, too late for everything. Ah,well;I felt good doing it anyway and got it off my chest!

I have also received the following reply from Derek of NB Gypsy Rover regarding my post on coconuts:

Hi Andy, Regarding your recent blog on coconuts and Hindu's, as far as I am aware the Hindu's scatter the ashes of their dearly departed on the water and the coconuts and other fruit are to nourish the spirit on its journey back to their birth place. I have actually retrieved a coconut from the canal and opened it only to find its natural contents. Apparently their are only a few rivers in the UK where it is legal to scatter ashes on the waterway but its probably the old story of what they don't know they won't worry about.

Many thanks for this Derek, I wonder if the training shoes are there to speed the journey to the after-life?!

Spent the morning doing this an' that around the boat and the marina and this afternoon John and I decided to chuck the dogs in the car and take them off for a long walk up my old stomping ground on the Ashby Canal. A really lovely walk midst the autumn leaves and sunshine. This evening, the temperature is down to 4 degrees already and the full roast, (including home grown parsnips thanks to my cleaner at school,) is sizzling in the oven nicely. The coming week heralds two late evenings of parents evenings - oh joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home