Sunday, October 28, 2007

Autumn!


I love this time of year! Second only to Spring and summer, it's my favourate time of year!! This weekend has been extremely hectic with the open day and end of season barbecue yesterday. Both were a great success and the boaters barbecue saw over 30 people turn up for a fantastic evening. Innevitably, today was spent clearing up. My father helped and eventually left me this afternoon for his journey back down south. I cleared up the boat, did my ironing and took Simba for a walk along the towpath to enjoy the afternoon sun streaming through the autumnal colours only pausing to take a few pictures such as those above. The trees in All Oaks Wood are amazing right now and on more than one occasion I have almost crashed the car driving up Cathiron Lane as my eyes are drawn towards the trees.
I don't like these early dark nights now that the clocks have gone back and tomorrow will be the first day that I drive home from work in the dark. Talking of work, back to it tomorrow. Ah well, Christmas can't be too far away!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

We just want to say thank you for organising the barbeque on Saturday, there was a great atmosphere at it was lovely to have a chance to meet fellow boaters.

Thanks again

Denise & Phil

 
At 7:28 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and thanks for the comment. I agree it went very well and proved what a great community we have here. I can't take all the credit though, Ian and Mary from NB Four Winds did a lot of hard work too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home