Friday, October 19, 2007

A cratch to weather the storm!

Well, my new cratch canopy was installed today by A J Canopies and very smart it is too! true to their word, 2 fitters arrived this afternoon and fitted it. I have to say, I am extremely impressed with the quality and fit of it and would recommend them to anyone. From the start, they went out of their way to fit in with my time scale and the final cover will last many years to come I'm sure. Unfortunately since getting home I have been too busy to take any pictures of it but will post some as soon as I get the chance.

I notice Narrowboat world have dragged up my past death threats from a certain forum to fuel the ongoing row between the 2 sites and in the process kicked up quite a storm! I suppose you could say I dragged up the issue with my recent blog highlighting my opinion, I guess they have just seen the opportunity and like all good marketing gurus 'siezed the day'! I have no objection to their article whatsoever and it is comfortingto know that the vast majority of people on the forum that they are quarrelling with seem to realise that the circumstances publicised were 'out of order', indeed, I find it somewhat flattering that anyone should believe what I say can carry such 'weight'; I guess the reason I am so outspoken and seemingly controversial at times is that I don't actually believe myself that what I ever say can be taken all that seriously!

I helped neighbour Norman take his boat down to Rose Narrowboats after school this evening for his bottom black, (the boats, not normans,) and then returned for a good dinner cooked by my father, a shower, hair cut, hoover and load of washing, (not necessarily in that order though.) Tomorrow I plan a lazy start before taking on water and heading for Braunston and beyond.... more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home