Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why blog?

Why blog?It's an interesting question. I always thought bloggers simply wanted to share personal and specific aspects of their intriquing lives with the wider world via an impersonal medium. It seems that with the increasing popularity of blogging and the fact that bloggers appear to be marked solely on their ability to write and report in a style equal to that of best selling broadsheets, there is an emerging trend being developed of several tiers of bloggers!

I monitor quite a few blogs and I notice different categories emerging. Some focus on regularity of postings and even use blog-bots to help, others focus on high thinking or majorly controversial issues and others maintain their focus on the reason they first started blogging - to share personal and specific aspects of their intriquing lives with the wider world via in impersonal medium! The blogs I personally find the most interesting are the ones that blog when they have something relevant and interesting to say that is directly related to the original reason that I added them to my feed-reader!

So why do I blog? Haven't a clue!! I simply enjoy sharing personal and specific aspects of my (hopefully,) intriguing life to the wider world via an impersonal medium. My posts don't take on any popularity contest - they simply allow the 'nosey parker' within to read the rediculous ramblings of my mind and act as a window to my life, all-be-it often with very frosted glass!

So todays news!
My father left this afternoon for his meetings having cooked a full English fried breakfast this morning bless him! We then planted over 50kg of daffodil bulbs around before sitting down and resting outside for a while. Although it has been cloudy and damp today, the unseasonably mild weather has been very enjoyable - I just hope it extends to a weeks time when I go off on my trip towards Foxton Locks for the half term.

Tomorrow, I plan to service the batteries on the boat and have a general tidy round.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy.
That is a interesting point, why do we blog?
Our Hadar blog started purely because of her build, but we will carry it on as a diary to our adventures, when we get going. I am not into all the politics, so I leave that to people who are, although it does seem that some people join blogs and forums purely to upset others LOL.
Glad to know all is well with you.
Jo x

 
At 6:09 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jo,
I couldn't have said it better myself!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home