Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Caption fun!

Visit the main Khayamanzi website to join in with the Canal Caption Capers! Our first picture is thanks to Andy Bayley from NB Brindley. Andy spotted this picture on the Upper Avon. Clearly the summer floods have caused problems for many but time is a healer and the British ability to laugh at mis-fortune in hind sight should prevail! In fact, it was his picture that he posted to me that inspired the idea. He also sent 2 excellent suggested captions but I shall leave him to be the one who posts those ideas if he wishes.... You'll find the page by clicking on the 'Canal Captions' link under the 'welcome' link or by clicking on the thought bubble above the navigation menu.

Temperatures continue to drop especially by night and even the first frosts have been predicted. This will kill off any remaining summer flowers on my roof or in the tubs in the marina. I think this weekend might have to be the end of them and herald a big clearing out operation. The central heating is already on this evening and will stay on until I go to bed and the mornings are equally chilly. I may have to succumb soon to the solid fuel stove although to date, I have resisted the temptation to even change the chimney from its summer brass finery to its drab but functional winter outfit fashioned from the wing of a Hawker Siddley aircraft and donated by a metallurgist friend of mine!

Last night Simba was in the dog house - quite literally! I have started making natural, live yogurts using the 'Easiyo' system. Not only are they delicious but, if you read the advertising at least, they appear to be the 21st century cure for everything! I tipped out the last of my latest jar of yogurt last night and placed it on the floor next to my chair whilst I finished the washing up before retiring to eat it. I don't need to finish the story do I - you're ahead of me! Simba was confined to his bed for the next 30 minutes to think about his inappropriate behaviour, (boy, I must stop treating him like one of my class!) before being invited back into the living room for cuddles to show that there was no hard feeling!

I have been alerted via Maffi's blog that the red arrows have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics on the grounds that they are 'too British'!! Have you ever heard such rubbish? I urge everyone to sign the Downing Street petition to ask for common sense here.

4 Comments:

At 9:44 am, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Morning Andy.
It was definately a chilly night last night, we have lit the stove in the saloon and it is now lovely and warm. Go on you know you want to get the heating on.... Just think how warm you boat will feel when you get in from work hahahaha.

Oh dear poor Simba. I reckon you have to take the blame for putting temptation in his way hehehehe. Bless him.

Thank you for the message on Hadar's site.
Jo

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Nope - sorry Jo, I blatantly refuse to put the stove on just yet! May be at the weekend!!

 
At 1:58 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

LOL Andy........ Your loss, how are the cold toes and finger tips hehehehe. We are lovely and warm mmmmmmm, cosy here hahahahahaha.

 
At 6:12 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

OK, OK - I resent! It is now lit and burning away nicely. More on my blog this evening when I get round to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home