Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Car - no go!

OK so plans come and plans go but at the end of the day it's plans that keep ambition alive and thus also anticipation. The Landrover is no go for a variety of reasons, not least of all the fact that I've just realised that my current car tax and MOT run out this week and it would all get far too complicated! In addition, they won't offer anything near a good or reasonable price for my current car as part exand I've also had mixed reactions regarding the reliability of the Freelander so I've decided against the idea!

This week, the central heating has been used overtime! Woke up this morning with the temperature sensor reading 4.5 degrees outside the boat - quite a shock to the system, especially as I'm still waiting for summer so that I can go boating. What? It's been and gone? Where? When?

Still planning for my October cruise although I want to be back for Saturday 27th October as we have an open day at the marina and an evening 'end of season' barbecue at 5.00pm. (Any readers and friends are invited - just bring your own food and drink and let me know - prospective moorers especially welcome by car or boat,)

Paid the deposit for my new cratch yesterday to A J Canopies of Braunston. They seem very helpful and the work I have seen so far looks excellent quality - I'll keep you posted on the final outcome. They arrive next week some time to take the measurements and then have a 4-6 week lead time on the build so I may not get it in time for half term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home