Sunday, September 09, 2007

On a whim!!


Sometimes in life you just have to things on a whim! With such a lousy summer weather-wise, the weekend was forecast to be lovely. A quick phone call to a friend back in London, a hectic search and scramble on the internet and I found myself driving down to London with 2 tickets to the Hyde Park 'Proms in the Park' concert, ( I think it was the pre-concert billing of the T-Rex tribute band 'T.rextasy' that clinched it for me!!
Saturday morning found me on my merry way to get diesel and a pump-out from Rose Narrowboats, (a bad time to arrive as they were 5 staff short and unsure if they were going to be able to serve me at one point - panic set in!) before packing an overnight bag for both me and Simba and then racing down the M40. On arriving at my fathers house, I settled Simba down before a quick pic-nic visit to M & S and then on the trains and tubes towards South Kensington and Hyde Park, (The whole day was spent travelling either by boat, car, train or tube!)
The concert was superb and the weather kind. The only thing that spoilt it was the ludicrous billing of Will Young in between Lesley Garrett and Junior BBC musician of the year Mark Simpson!
This morning, after a lazy start to the day, I returned home via the M40 again and then set about ironing and getting sorted for school tomorrow. All in all, a great weekend and nice occasionally to do something non boating related!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home