Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cheer on a miserable day!







In response to the request by Andrew Denny of Granny Buttons, I have posted a few pictures of my summer floral display from previous years. I believe that on a cold and wet miserable autumnal day such as today, they might also cheer us all up a little! This years display was nothing like as spectacular as previous years due to the rediculous weather conditions. Although good, they didn't spread out or grow as bushy as in the past. The bottom picture is thanks to Waterways World who took it and used it in a photographic article.
Already, I have 3 suggestions for captions to the photograph on my main site. I hope more will follow. Still no lit stove this evening - I just can't bring myself to light it yet and so the central heating is flat out again. I will allow myself to succumb at the weekend if the cooler weather continues. Another batch of yogurt has been made and is safely tucked in the fridge well out of the way of Simba.
A couple of classic moments at school today! Kids are the greatest to work with sometimes. One little lad was sneaking back into school during lunchtime and was challenged by a teacher. "I need a sheet of paper and a pen", the lad replied and when asked why by the teacher, replied, "how can I possibly update my enemies list if I don't have a sheet of paper and a pen?"
On the flip side, one member of staff sent home the home/school reading diaries to be signed by parents once they heard their child read. A note inside one diary today read, "I refuse to sign this diary as it is the schools responsibility to teach my child to read - not mine. I will not, therefore, be signing or supporting this diary so please don't send it home again." What hope have we got and more frustratingly is the lack of professionailsm we are allowed to exercise in calling the parent to task about the whole issue of 'partnership' in education - we just have to sit back and accept it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home