Friday, September 28, 2007

OK - given in!

In light of the teasing posts from Jo on NB Hadar and the fact that at last it's Friday evening and wet, cold, dark and miserable; I have finally given in, changed the chimney over and lit the stove!

Just come off the phone after holding an hour long conversation with a research Dr. on the subject of 'living on a narrowboat'. Some time ago, I responded to a letter in the RBOA magazine relating to a man undertaking research on social policy and boats as an affordable housing option. Holding strong views on this matter, I emailed him and he telephoned to arrange this evening as a time for a conversation. He asked me questions on every aspect of living on a boat and my opinions as to the management of BW. I have requested to see the results which he has readilly agreed and so I look forward to seeing them at some point in the future.

A J Canopies confirmed with me today that yesterday, their engineers came and took measurements for my new cratch canopy. So far, I have nothing but praise for their efficiency and helpfulness. Weather and the gods permitting, they have provissionally booked in my fitting of the new cratch for Friday 17th October - just before I leave on Saturday for my half term cruise: again, being helpful to try and get it done by then. I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, surely 17th Oct is a Wednesday?

I hope it is, because the 17th is my birthday and I've made plans for it. If it's Friday, I'm in trouble with a few other people :-)

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Indeed you are, of course, correct! I meant to write Friday 19th!

A very happy birthday for the 17th - I trust it's not a big one!!....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home