Monday, October 29, 2007

Ecofan!

I will assume that you have one of these amazing little gadgets, if not then switch off now and go and buy one! The do work and circulate the hot air from the stove, (that traditionally rises and sits ont he ceiling,) and push the hot air down the length of the boat to the back. In my experience, those who say they don't work haven't read the instruction regarding siting the unit and have placed it in front of the chimney which does not produce the best efficiency.

Now, I can't be the only person who has left theres on the stove and knocked a lock gate just a little too hard and knocked the ecofan flying onto the floor! I have, several times and it finally gave up the will to live. I sent it off to Calfire in Wrexam and they sent me a very prompt, full and efficient pdf report informing me that it would cost around thirty five pounds to service including the fitting of a reconditioned blade FOC. I agreed and 2 days later they phoned me to inform me that it had been refurbished and how would I like to pay. I paid over the phone with a card and within a week of sending it off, it was back on my stove working as good as new. Fantastic service and I highly recommend them. Their address is:
Calfire Spareline Ltd.,
Gledrid. Chirk.
Wrexham.
LL14 5DG.
UK


Sent off the money today to pay for the cratch to A J Canopies. Another fantastic company and I am extremely impressed with the cratch they provided and recommend their service 100%

It's lovely to be able to recommend three canal based companies in the last week for their excellent service and helpful attitude and to that end, I have added a set of links to the right hand side of this blog to all those companies who have excelled themselves in the quality, helpfullness and efficiency of their service.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 pm, Blogger Chas and Ann said...

Hi Andy, We have an Eco Fan, great. Ours is tied up to a screw in the wall which prevents the van falling off the fire.

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Now that's clever!

I don't have a convenient wall but am thinking of wrapping a bit of black wire tightly round the chimney to the handle of the ecofanto hold it in the right position - not sure if it will work and hold it in the right place but I'll keep you posted!

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.
We have a two blade eco fan and it is brilliant. As yet we have not sent it flying, but watch this space hahaha. I have been told that the two blade is far better than the 3 blade, but I cannot vouch for that as I have not tried the 3 blade.

Hope your keeping well?
Jo

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Oh dear! It looks like I'm the only one to have experienced the 'flying Ecofan'!!

Interesting comment on the 2 blade being better than the 3 blade one as last night I heard the exact opposite! Maybe someone somewhere can confirm which is true if either!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home