Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ecofan update etc. etc.

Today I recieved the following email from Calfire who refurbished my Ecofan which promptly packed up!

Hello Andy

Your unit is repaired and on its way back to you. The motor had failed which is quite unusual. Also yours is the first unit refurbished here to have subsequently failed so please accept our apologies for that.

A copy of the RI form is attached.

Best Regards

Barry


I await its return but the attached RI form explained very clearly the strange failure of the motor and replacement of the bimetallic strip as well as apologising profusely and extending my 12 month warranty to 15 months. Can't say fairer than that! These things happen and it's always the response that counts rather than the unfortunate event.

Looking forward to the weekend. I feel I need to sleep through the whole of it mind you but I can't. I have to take the central heating unit off and, with the help and guiding expertise of John, disconnect all the pipes without blowing the boat sky high and hopefully take it over to Birmingham to be repaired and serviced. With the temperature down to minus two degrees already this evening and the lowest temperature minus five last night, the prospect of living on the boat for the next week or two with no central heating system is just a little too much to anticipate even with my stove glowing a bright red colour as I type!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home