Monday, November 12, 2007

So far, so good!

Phoned Calfire this morning who are the people who refurbished my Ecofan. So far so good as they instructed me to immediately return the unit and they will investigate. At the cost of another seven pounds, I have returned it to them - watch this space to see what they say??

It seems that a good quality Eberspacher engineer is hard to come by! All my boat engineering is provided by Martin Plant who works from The Ashby Boat Builders Center. Martin is a fantastic engineer who provides a sound and very reliable service using his amazing knowledge and is highly recommended but obviously very busy. Unfortunately he doesn't do central heating boilers! He did recommend one guy who was also recommended by John in the marina. I'm not going to advertise the guy here as he has actually retired but will do a few units for friends!! He has agreed to take a look so this Saturday John has agreed to share his expert knowledge and show me how to take the unit off and disconnect it and then I will take it over to Birmingham where the guy works. This does mean a week or so with no hot water or central heating!!!

Wow! Just watching Autumnwatch and listening to the guy looking at hibernating bats. These little creatures have got it sussed! For the entire winter months, they find a cave and shut down completely. Apparently they only take a breath once every 90 minutes!! I want to be a bat!!

I must get some boat jobs up to date this weekend. I seem to have spent so much time over the past few weeks working for other people that my boat has been totally neglected. I need to wash the curtains and service the batteries to mention just a couple of tasks. The up side of life at the moment is that school, although busy, is great right now. My kids are super and it is always fun when we start rehearsals for the Christmas show. Only this afternoon at the end of our first rehearsals, on lad came up to me and said, "Mr Edwards, I've got a good idea for the warriors costumes, I live near a venison farm and thought we could get some hides to make into cloaks!" Another boy stood on the stage and proudly announced his line, " Ladies and gentlemen," he yelled, " the chief's baby has been born, a healthy boy weighing 8 l b's and 10 o z's, (spelling the letters out!) Rehearsals had to stop while we rolled about laughing before explaining the finer points of metric and imperial!


I want to start a collection of pictures called 'signs of the times'. I was prompted after seeing a canalside sign in a pub garden stating, 'parents are reminded that their children are their responsibility in this garden.' I thought at the time, how sad that we live in a day where parents have to be reminded by signage of their responsibility for their offspring! If anyone has any pictures of signs that either state the absolute obvious or in some other way is indicative of the rediculous age we currently live in, I would be very grateful for a copy! This is the kind of thing I mean....
I meant to add on Saturday but completely forgot! A short cruise out on Saturday morning and I passed Chas and Ann of blogging boat NB Moore 2 Life. It was a quick passing 'hi' which always seems to be the way but a joy to see them anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home