Friday, November 16, 2007

Almost 100,000 hits!

Just noticed that I have managed to notch up 94,516 hits on my main site since its creation 4 years ago! Almost 100,000 hits - not bad I think!!

No Ecofan arrived today so hopefully it will appear in the post on Monday. Tomorrow John's going to help me take the Eberspacher heating unit off and I'll take it to Birmingham for repair. I hope he will be able to mend it in a week as I'm going to miss it on those chilly mornings and it's going to be a pain having to run the engine to get any hot water; lucky I have a twin coil calorifier!! I also hope to service the batteries whilst I have the floor boards up in the engine room.

Set the stage lighting today for our Christmas show. Confetti canons and pyrotechnic cartidges are on order. Discovered that one of the peripatetic music teachers had managed to break the faders off of our lighting desk so had to order a new desk. 16 replacement lamps arrived to change a set of Par cans from flood to spot only to discover that one lamp didn't strike - a new one is on its way!! On the plus side, the kids had their first main rehearsal on the stage today and they did very well. From next week on we have 5 x 2 hour sessions of rehearsals each week to get them up to speed, meanwhile the daughter of our head of music had her opening night as Jane Banks in Mary Poppins on the west End stage on Wednesday.

Had quite a shock yesterday when I was delivering a history lesson on the important changes in the Victorian era. I pulled out an old record player from the back of my cupboard to illustarte the idea of progress - none of my 11 year olds knew what it was until one burst out, "it's a record player - my gran told me about those!" Boy, do I feel old suddenly!

Today was the anniversary of nine years since my mother died. Amazing how time flies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home