Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bridge and Buttons!

So Andrew Denny on Granny Buttons isn't impressed by my liking of the new Waterbouy. I stand by it until proven otherwise! I guess it depends on the value of what you put on the end of it that counts! My keys, (its intended purpose,) contain key sets that include a set for the marina and school keys! I figure that if it worked just once then it has been well worth the hassle and inconvenience caused otherwise!

Just watching the news. Clearly the story of the British school teacher jailed over the teddy bear issue in sudan is close to my heart - no comment!

Yet again this evening on my way home, a lorry had hit the railway bridge in Bretford. This is a regular occurrence only this time, they managed to close the whole road off thanks to the police involvement! When I turned in front of the young whipper-snapper of a copper, I casually leant out of the window and asked if he knew the quickest way round. His reply was, "do you live near here?" I told him I did to which he answered, "then you should know the way round!" I have never been so insulted in my life! I screeched round in front of him and sped away with a little cheeky 'in yer face' wheelspin!

I took off the glass shield to my nice oil lamp to light it when I got in and it fell apart in my hands! Clearly at some point it has cracked and I didn't notice it. I just hope that Rose Narrowboats have, or can get, a new one for me on Saturday.

The school production is going....slowly! For some reason, it seems to be very hard work this year with a lot more direction required than usual. 2 weeks before 'curtain up' and the panic amongst the team has now set in.....

Last night, for the first night in weeks, I sat down, did nothing and watched some TV for about an hour before going to bed - it was great and I felt so much more ready for bed and refreshed as a result. It may be a co-incidence but last night was also the first night I slept all through the night without waking up in a panic about something or another for weeks.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 pm, Blogger Andrew said...

Hey, Andy, I *am* impressed by the fact that you like Waterbuoy, and I did say that someone writing on a blog is great publicity for them, and that they ought to have a blog themselves.

I'm just that I'm not so impressed by the product itself.

I think the problem is partly the price (£15.50), and partly the fact that it doesn't appear to be reusable.

Does it cost you £15.50 to drop your keys into the water? Or can you recharge the Waterbuoy? They don't say.

There are other similar ideas - for example, Keysaver (google for 'keysaver midland chandlers'). Some of them don't lift the keys to the surface, they simply release a float on a string, and it tells you exactly where the keys are, and then allow you to pull them to the surface on the string.

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks for the reply. I've used a Keysaver for years and constantly kept having to poke the little float back in and re-wind the cord - I have no idea if it will actually work now. The first time I dropped the keys on the floor - the whole darn thing exploded!

I've no idea if the Waterbouy will be more robust or not but it's got to be worth a try. I might be eating my words and slating it in January, (if father Christmas honours my Christmas list with one!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home