Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Upgrade!

Just completed an hour long phone call with Orange! I have been an Orange customer since the days when they were 'Hutchison Telecom'! In browsing 'tinternet tonight I discovered that T-Mobile was offering a better price plan than I was getting so I phoned Orange and told them I was leaving. Amidst much spluttering of coffee, I am now on a new price plan that saves me over twenty quid each month and gives me a 'magic number' that I can phone for free any time whenever. She has also waived the upgrade fee, ("I can see that you're not happyMr. Edwards and as a long time loyal customer....."etc.) and so I have now upgraded my handset to an HTC TyTN11. Basically this should enable meto amalgamate my HP Pocket PC and my mobile phone into one unit rather than havign to carry 2 separate units around. The new handset should arrive on Friday in time for an explore and set up on Saturday. Watch this space!

I told 'Tina" that she had done a very good job in turning a disgruntled customer into a happy one! I just hope now that it all goes smoothly in the transfer over.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, Blogger Ernie said...

Hi Andy,

I wish I could get such service from Sony!!
See: http://www.erniesplace.com/_BoatingDiaries/SonyLaptop/071124_Laptop.htm
Regards
Ernie

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Wow Ernie - that's an impressive list of issues!! Quite unusual as Sony have a very good reputation generally. I shall watch with interest for any further developments!!

All the best.

 
At 3:36 pm, Blogger Waterrat said...

I was a customer since they were "Rabbit" !! anyone remember them!!

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I only go back as far as the original Hutchison Telecom days with Orange!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home