Sunday, December 09, 2007

A good day!

....didn't do a lot, that's why it was a good day! A lazy start and a full fried breakfast whilst I sat out the wind and rain. The weather here was nothing like what was forecast. Yes we had some heavy showers but Saturday was by far the worst day weather wise and very little wind at all today. Managed to write almost all of my Christmas cards and finish wrapping my presents - about 20 for Simba and 5 for everyone else!!

A new boat arrived today with another oneon the way but apparently they got too cold so stopped at Sutton's Stop so now won't get in 'till tomorow. Trimmed up and brushed Simba to tidy him up for Christmas.

Now to coal! Not the most exciting dinner table topic but an interesting one none-the-less. It seems every boater has their own particular likes and disliked regarding different coal types. For many years I have been a 'Pureheat' fanatic but recently somone got me on to Excel. An interesting aroma whenever the stove is stoked up now emits and the fuel seems to burn a lot slower and lower but with a more controlable heat given out. I have only needed to stoke up the fire once a day instead of twice and likewise it seems to leave behind less ash. It seems to struggle to get the boat quite as warm and toasty but I think I'll stick with it which is just as well given that I have 5 bags of the stuff on the roof!

Only 2 more weeksbefore term ends for Christmas. Rehearsals and more rehearsals lie ahead along with carol concerts, Christmas dinners, Secret Santa and next Friday evening, our marina Christmas meal.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 am, Blogger Boatwoman said...

Hi Andy.

Glad to see all is well with you. Your very organised with your Christmas, I have also done all our cards and posted them, presents posted as well. Now we just await the day LOL.

We also burn Excel, now is this the one in the yellow bag with red writing I wonder, if so it is called Blaze. Like you we can make the stove up in the morning and it will last through till bedtime, then I make it up to last over night. The aroa can be a bit over powering at times especially when cleaning out the ash pan, but we have found it to be good coal. I have been selling it from the boat as we took on 5 ton earlier in the summer and fellow boaters like the coal. I have not tried Pureheat, we use Homefire for the back cabin stove as the Blaze burns to hot in there and is not easy to control.
Enjoy the rest of your week, you will soon be on your christmas break yayyyyyyyy.
Kind regards.
Jo x

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jo,
Yes - I like to be organised!! Actually it's a cover-up for my complete lack of organisation; if I don't get it down now, I'll forget it completely!!

As for the colour of my Excel - I think it's black, (oo err missus!!)
Oh, you mean the bags, they're black too. Well, they look black in the dark when I leave my boat at 7.00 in the morning and they look black when I get home at 6.00 in the evening!! Sorry, I don't think I've seen them in the daylight yet so not sure what colour they are but yes, I think I vaguely remember seeing red writing somewhere, (or was that the last bill that arrived!?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home