Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hit 'n' miss!

For some reason - a very hit 'n' miss internet this evening?? I hope it's T-Mobile mucking about and not me or my PC?? Only a GPRS signal and only 1 bar on that whereas I usually get 3 bars of UMTS. For some reason, I get nothing when I plug in my external aerial but a very slow GPRS signal without it??

I do know, that for the first time this evening, the marina is beginning to freeze over. The temperature is down to minus 2 already and set to drop even lower over night, a good frost is covering the pontoons and the cars and the fire is well stoked up with Simba curled up in front of it on his blanket.

A busy weekend getting ready for Christmas. Spent yesterday doing loads of washing, helping a neighbour do a pump-out, (what fun I have,) and various 'boat' chores. Today, I had to spend much of the day in school working. We break up on Thursday this week and there are 4 extremely hectic days ahead until then. Tomorrow, we are at the Belgrade theatre in Coventry to watch Aladin with 200+ excited 10 and 11 year olds who will have to eat their lunch on the coach on the way home, (sick bucket at the ready!) as they don't arrive home until 1.30 and have to be on stage performing their own production by 1.45. Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, after school and we have their 2 evening performances until 8.30 ish and then Thursday, we have to pack away all the set, staging and lighting systems ready to break up at the end of the day, all in between keeping the class contained and entertained, (yes - at this time of year, entertaining is just about all it is!!)

My father is coming up on Wednesday to see the show and then stay over until Thursday when I plan to travel back down to London with him for Christmas before returning to go up the Ashby on the boat for the new year.

Still very impressed with my TyTn 11, (see previous post.) The problem now, is getting all the software working on it! Had to spend a lot of money in a new car charger cradle for it to enable the Sat. Nav to work, had to upgrade my CoPilot Sat Nav software as the version I have doesn't run on Windows Mobile 6, Have had to re-apply for various licence keys including my Memory Map software for my hiking holidays, had to order a spare charger for school etc. etc. It would almost be better if I kept the old system! If anyone wants to buy an extremely good and almost new Ipaq 4150 with many accessories and pre-loaded, fully licenced and legal software - do let me know, open to offers??

2 Comments:

At 10:15 am, Blogger Boatwoman said...

Who would be a teacher huh Andy. This time of the year is a crazy time. Good luck with the theatre. we went last Friday to see Cinderella at the Regent Theatre, Hanley and there were 5 different schools there with children rangeing in ages from 3 to 12 I would imagine. The place was rocking with all their shouting of "he's behind you". We both loved it, but I managed to get a cold from it hahaha.
I bet you will be glad of the rest after such a busy time. Enjoy your last week at school before the festive break.
Regards Jo x

 
At 6:04 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there, certainly hectic but I survived! I'll try and post an update some time soon - internet permitting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home