Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Penultimate day!

Set off this morning from the Battlefield moorings with a lovely mist enveloping all around us. A very pleasant cruise down to bridge 3 at the end of the Ashby passing many people out and about enjoying the first cruise of 2008 - everyone wishing each other happy new year as we pass. A short stop just after Hinkley to take on diesel and coal from Iain and Allison on Gosty Hill. A further stop in the cutting allowed us to collect a few good logs for cutting up.

Moored up at around 4.00pm which allowed us time to cut up and split the logs giving me a good supply on the roof for the forecasted drop in temperatures over the next few days. Apparently a light dusting of snow is even on the cards for Thursday!

This evening I plan to settle down and enjoy a new series of Midsomer Murders - fantastic!! Just had to un-install a little bit of software on my PDA called Journal Bar. I loved this bit of kit as it delivered weather forecasts and news headlines right to my desktop each day. Unfortunately, it constantly freezes up the device!

Tomorrow, the plan is to push through back home so that my father can 'jump ship' and travel back to London for business. Thursday, I plan to visit a garden centre to buy a small box tree to put in my wooden tub on the gas locker and replace the now browning conifer as well as visit JJB sports who have a sale on. I think I'm going to start jogging! A reflective band or jacket should ensure that I am seen to motorists and I can take Simba with me on his lead as I jog down the end of Cathiron Lane and back every couple of days. Will it work? Will I keep it up? Who knows but it's got to be cheaper than anything else and worth a try and I quite fancy the idea!!

....oops, I shouldn't have published this - I am going to be heckled with the chorus of 'how's the jogging?' everywhere I go now. Actually, that might be the incentive I need!

Even score tonight in the battleof the networks! I have given one point to both making it 4-2 to Orange as I have 3 bars of 3g service with both T-mobile and Orange. I guess this is the final score for this trip as tomorrow night I'll be back in home territory. This means the first trip and Orange wins - congratulations to Orange and we'll watch to see the scores on the next trip away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home