Thursday, January 03, 2008

Still alive....just!

OK, just returned from my first jog! Down to All Oak's Wood via the road and then back via the towpath. It's actually not very muddy as the ground is so hard and I have survived to tell the story...just!! I even have the vital statistics in my log and on my heart rate monitor to prove it but I'm certainly not going to publish them here!

Spent the day tidying up and sorting out the boat. Started to de-clutter it and been quite ruthless already, bought a very smart box shrub for my barrel tub on the front gas locker and even got rid of the fish tank as I was fed up with it buzzing in my ear and slopping around - it's also helped to trim the boat a bit straighter!

My brother may not now be coming down as there is forecast to be quite a lot of snow in the Lakes and he wants to stay there and catch it - big kid! Still no snow here although it is getting quite grey - no wait, it's just getting dark sorry!

Well done to Don for spotting my interesting mistake in yesterdays post! Of course a jetty you moor a boat to is called a berth not a birth! The wind blowing me away from my birth was quite an interesting concept and yes Don, the Lancet probably would be interested!

It was good to get a virtual visit from Lisa off the Narrow Shop. A great concept and idea and the possibility to rival Tesco perhaps. How about a chain of paired working boats that visit town to town providing fresh local produce in each area. Seems to tick all the boxes to me, food miles, fresh food, lack of packaging, environmentally friendly transport and convenience to peoples doorsteps.

8 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

OMG Andy are you sure you really want to take up running, or jogging or what ever you want to call it?
I ask myself will you still be doing it in 2 weeks time (running that is) or will it be another resolution in the bin hahaha, take care out there.
No snow here either, false alarm I think, but oh how I wish we could have snow. I am a big kid when it comes to the snow.
Hope you are as cosy as we are........ Stay warm... Jo

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Andy im already expanding! lol
My shop, not my hips! lol (Cant get much bigger would need a widebeam!) You are an inspiration, keep up the jogging, I will give you a wave if I see you running whilst eating my bcon butty! lol. Have a good weekend.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I don't think the backs of my legs think I'm an inspiration right now but thanks for the kind comments. And this doesn't mean you can refuse to sell me the odd packet of bacon when you see me - just keep it quiet! Glad to hear expansion is in the pipeline, (oo-err missus!)

 
At 9:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. I have a poster up of you saying "Do not serve this man anything other than lettuce"!

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Brilliant Lisa - that would work!! LOL. Send me a picture!!

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

lol I ouldhave done, but I was hungry so I ate the poster! lol. Hope you both well?. We are at Great Hayward at the mo. Please email me yadetails of your marina to lisa@thenarrowshop.com so I can put a link and details on m blog. Ta luvs. lisa

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Just doing it now! Trust you're doing alright and Tixell is as lovely as ever in the sunshine!

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger Lisa said...

ta got it, will sort that out soon for you. Hope you are well. we ok, Froze in at Tixall wides at the moment!. Hope can move tomorrow as got a visitor coming to Great Hayward!Its a long walk otherwise! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home