Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Smile!!

What a great shot! Actually, I saw it the other week in the BBC Focus science magazine but my father forwarded it to me today from a friend of his in Holland who sent it to him. Sometimes, you just have to be in the right place, at the right time and with the right gear - I guess this person was, (or knew how to use Photoshop very well!!) Either way, it's clearly a very artistic shot - the kind that makes me very jealous!

I'm enjoying a lazy evening at home tonight. Tomorrow we have our staff Christmas social! We never get round to it before Christmas and everyone is simply too tired anyway so we do it in January.

Went to see the doctor this morning with my knee, (well, I could hardly leave it behind now could I?) He ruled out all the sinister things I was worried about - cartilage, arthritis etc etc and is fairly sure I have simply pulled a ligament over compensating since spraining my ankle. Plenty of Ibuprofen gel and tablets to keep the pain in check.

10.30 last night saw me and John wandering around the marina in the pouring rain loosening off mooring lines! With the surrounding roads flooded and waters rising, we needed to check and loosen off some of the boats lines just to give us a sound nights sleep without worrying. This morning, the surrounding farmland looks like an estuary and some roads are almost impassable - thank goodness for a diesel car but I increasingly see the need for a 4X4 at some point.

We have a bird box camera system in school and are soon to be plugging it in again ready for the Spring. Today, I ordered around a hundred and fifty pounds worth of bird feeders, seeds and nuts to start feeding them in readiness - I hope they appreciate it!

Internet update!
I seem to be getting one or 2 bars of 3G from T-Mobile tonight; amazing! May be they've sorted themselves out or may be it's just because it's not windy tonight!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home