Monday, January 07, 2008

Exercise is bad for your health!

It's official - excercise can be bad for your health! No more running for me for a while! I have a weak left ankle since breaking it as a teenager and several times since, I have twisted it and sprained it - well tonight I did it proper as this picture shows.
I know it looks like a bottom but I can assure you it is a very swollen ankle! Two and a half hours later, (pretty good for casualty at St. Cross Hospital!) and The diagnosis is a severely torn ligament. The hardest part was persuading the doctor that there was no way I could be signed off for a few days! Of course typically one of the pupils from my year group was also waiting in casualty. It all happened as I jogged along quite happily enjoying the lengthening daylight hours and didn't see a large hole in the towpath! I fell down it - fortunately into the bank not the cut!! Of course in this rediculous day, some might say I have a case against BW - tosh!! I simply have a case against my own lack of concentration!
Ah well, maybe another form of excercise is required - back to the drawing board. Shame as I was genuinely getting into it and enjoying the running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home