Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bike and barrel

OK, so I bought a bike! I haven't got it yet as they're going to build it for me and I'll collect it next Saturday. It's a Carrera Vulcan. One hundred quid off and I bought a helmet, a good lock that fixes to the bike, a set of LED lights where apparently the front one is 500 candle power bright, a cycle computer, (which they threw in free,) and a helmet. A little disappointed that I have to wait for next weekend to get it and try it but I guess that will allow my ankle another week to get better. As well as ticking all the boxes of what I wanted, it has sealed cartridge bearings, (something someone suggested to stop the mud getting in,) front shocks but not rear ones, (my brothers suggestion,) and quick release on both front and rear wheel making it easy to store, (my suggestion!)

I also topped up my diesel today ready for another week of central heating, (now 64p/litre!!) and bought a larger half barrel for my new tree on the gas locker; I was even able to get a few winter primroses to put round it!

Managed to get the new glass shade for my oil lamp but still the wick hadn't arrived in stock so I will try again next week and hopefully, I've repaired my car charger/cradle for my new phone which, within a week of buying, had broken as the connector on the bottom pushed through the case and wouldn't connect to charge the phone - extra Araldite and the problem seems solved, (for now....)

I bought some replacement bulbs for my lamp and a tube of sealant which tomorrowI need to use to attempt to seal my window that has developed a leak right over my lap-top desk!!

A lovely day today - dry, crisp, bright and sunny but the forecast is lousy for the rest of the week starting tomorrow - here we go again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home