Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekend so far.....

OK, so what have I achieved today?

I've marked some tests, bought 3 bags of coal, marked a few more tests, fixed my chimney, marked some more tests, changed my front display on the boat, marked a few more tests, did 3 loads of washing and marked a few more tests!

Why oh why do Liverpool Boats produce odd size chimneys? As my Hawker Siddly wing has died a complete death, I ended up buying a chimney today which was too big and have packed exhaust lagging round the deck flange to make it fit. Just to be sure, I also fixed a nice brass clip on the roof of the boat and fastened a length of brass chain round it to make sure it doesn't blow, vibrate or get knocked off. hopefully, John is going to bring home a grinder with a cutting disc on from work and I will cut off a few inched from the bottom to make it a better and tighter fit.

I think I've probably drained out my water tank this week as I've had to do around 5 washing loads! What with my new found cycling - I get more washing to do each week and the towels and mats etc. needed doing as well. Next week will be a repeat as I'll need to do the bedding and at some point, the curtains too. It's great having a washing machine on board but a larger one would have been even better!

My cheap and somewhat tacky fountain experiment that I reported on last week didn't really work as it sprayed water everywhere and needed constant topping up. I now have an ornamental water pump on the front gas locker with a fountain coming from it and mist along with lights! I have planted some winter pansies in it and it looks very good but can only be run when there is little wind blowing!

Tomorrow - more test marking and a thorough boat clean inside.

Stove Glow is my coal of the moment. It even beats Excel. Although every bag is different, I get so little ash, it burns really well in the grate and is even a pound cheaper per bag- fantastic stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home