Saturday, February 02, 2008

Canoe!

This morning - a coal run! John beat me to Rose Narrowboats and discovered the last few bags of StoveGlow left so kindly saved me the last 4 bags! I topped up the diesel tank and headed off to Halfords to change my bike light. Apparently they have had several problems with them doing much the same as mine and the first 3 he took off the shelf to swap were all also faulty so I got an upgrade to a different make. On to Homebase to get an angle grinder and some discs. A very useful tool and mine that I used to have seemed to have gone AWOL somewhere. The plan is, to cut off the bottom of the chimney at some point so that it fits tighter.
On to a new 'workwear' shop that John had discovered and I ended up buying a new 'body warmer' for wearing round and about!
My father turned up at around mid-day en route to meetings further north so it was nice to catch up and he walked along the towpath with Simba while I canoed along the cut - jolly cold but felt good!
A lovely shot of me returning in the marina and back to Khayamanzi as the evenign sun sets.
An email from Don on Bute confirmed that there is, indeed, plenty of snow in the land of the Whisky and haggis and this lovely picture he sent proves it:
Next week, the car is booked in for it's annual service - more expense! It had to be at the garage by 8.30am so tomorrow is the last chance for a thorough clean prior to the service. I always have this theory that they think, 'if he can't be bothered to look after his car then neither will we,' so I like to send it in looking clean and well kept!
This is the last week before I break up for half term, ('he's only just gone back,' I hear you cry and actually agree!) No cruise plans for this half term for the first time ever! The marina is so lovely that I can quite happily stay in and work on the boat without feeling guilty so that's what I'm going to do. Car service Saturday, BT line installed Monday then into work for some of the week to catch up with bits and pieces that need doing as well as several boat jobs all depending on what I feel like doing and the weather! Several rust patches need nocking on the head before they get too bad, the engine bay and bilge needs a thorough clean out, de-grease, wash and paint, the front gas locker needs rubbing down and re-painting etc etc. I'll just see how many I get done!


2 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, Blogger Adam said...

The garage I use washes all the cars taken in for a service, so I tend to take mine in as dirty as possible!

 
At 11:38 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

hmmm! Looking at the weather today - the car's going to remain dirty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home