Friday, February 08, 2008

Finally.....

.......no, not half term; just being able to sit down this evening! I actually don't want half term - it's too early. None of the staff feel quite ground into the ground enough yet for a break. 5 weeks is nothing like enough before having a break; it seems crazy that Local Authorities can't get their act together and sort these daft flexible holidays out. Ah well, the plan is to spend much of it in school anyway this time as I have a lot to do and it's aweful that having no children around allows me the chance to catch up with mindless beaurocracy unhindered by the very people who are the reason for the job in the first place!

This evening I got home from work at around 6.30, walked the dog and fed him, started hoovering and the belt snapped. I opened it up to check it and it spat all the contents all over the floor. I then went to take the car into the garage for its, (I expect very expensive,) service tomorrow. John kindly collected me and brought me home. I had a shower, did 2 loads of washing and hung it up, cooked dinner and am now allowing myself the luxury of sitting down for a couple of hours.

The plan tomorrow is to collect the car at some point, sort out the hoover and visit Rugby to buy a telephone ready for Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home