Saturday, February 09, 2008

A good, (but very expensive,) day!

WOW! What an amazing day weather-wise. A glorious blue sky, bright spring sun and very warm temperatures. At one point my car was telling me it was 13.5 degrees outside; you have to keep reminding yourself we are still at the beginning of February. Just the weather I want to be off cruising at the start of a half term, unfortunately this is just not possible right now. Got a phone call at 9.00 this morning to ask if I still wanted my car booked in for a service as they hadn't seen me yet - I 'politely' informed them that the car had been waiting on their fore-court since the previous evening. The final bill ended up at around four hundred pounds as it needed new brake pads and discs. It also had 2 illegal tyres but they didn't have them in stock so a further trip to Kwik Fit was needed and anopther two hundred quid to get them sorted - ouch!

I also bought a telephone ready for my land line to be fitted on Monday - now I have to work it out!


I love trees! and this one at the bottom of the marina is pretty amazing all year but even more so when there is a beautiful sunset on a warm evening.


With no wind this evening, my water feature on the front locker looks lovely. I have posted a picture showing the mysterious mist wafting across the alpine garden.
Tomorrow, I plan to meet up with Steve and Julia on NB Even Balance to catch up. Looking forward to it as it seems ages since we last met. I would prefer it if I could meet them by boat but as I have to be back by 8.00am on Monday to meet Mr. BT engineer - it just isn't possible, I will have to put up with trudging along the towpath to find them somewhere around Braunston!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home