Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OK put your glass down - you'll spill it laughing

I must begin this evenign with the absolutely hillarious latest update with BT. As you know, I now have a hotline to the Chairman's office for complaints. I have daily been hounding 'Lyndsey' with the problem in order to keep it on the boil. This morning, I got a text through at 4.00am from BT automated confirmation system confirming that an appointment has been made for 27th February - AM to activate my phone line. Of course, I won't be around in the morning on 27th but I thought I would let them turn up anyway just to waste a bit of their money and make a point! At around 4.15pm I got a phone call from Lyndsey saying that she was pleased to confirm my appointment is on the system for the afternon of 29th February?? I questioned the text message and she had no idea where that came from as there was no record of that date on the computer but she guaranteed it for the afternoon of 29th. On my way home I spoke tomy father who informed me that somehow she had managed to get his phone number and had rung him this morning and started telling him the details until he realised the call was meant for me. It gets worse......
This evening I got back to the boat only to discover that a BT engineer had turned up today with instructions to install and activate 49 phone lines!!!!!! Needless to say, noone knew anything about it and he was sent away with a flea in his ear - apparently very unhappy!!
So the latest confirmed and guaranteed appointment is that BT may or may not turn up at some point between 27th and 29th February, either in the morning or the afternoon to activate any number of phone lines between 1 and 49 - good, that's that sorted then!!
I have posted a few more pictures of the ongoing build of NB Clarence. I have to say she is begining to look like a splendid ship.

On the personal front - I'm ill! I have struggled over the last few days to get through each day sniffling, shivering and sneezing. I can hear the 'man flue' jokes already. I have to say though, it is bad enough now for me to have put a supply teacher on standby for tomorrow!

6 Comments:

At 10:29 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Andy,

I didn't spill a drink but I might go and pour one ......the thought of your install growing into 49 - you would have been the most popular bloke in the marina!

Its BT day (delivery) from me tomorrow. They have sent me a confirmation letter thanking me for extending my contract for another 12 months and that I will be saving £5 a month - no info about the router that should be delivered tomorrow, or the internet number I should have, so my hopes are not high !

Hope you are feeling better soon,

Nev

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Passing you a box if tissues, and no man flu jokes.
I hope you feel better soon, there is nothing worse than feeling poorly.
Hugsssssssss from a distance.

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks,
Thanks
and thanks!
Feeling a bit better today ta.

 
At 6:55 pm, Blogger MortimerBones said...

man flu is terribly serious - I suffered from it last year and it took MONTHS to get out of my system. You need to take it easy, keep warm, eat lots of lovely comfort food and relax. You may need a holiday by the sea at the end of it.

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Any delivery Nev??
I think you're going to win this one.....

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Bones, I think I'll take your excellent advice. Now which beach-side hotel shall I book??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home