Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BT - learn from Halfords!!

OK, I shall start this evening with some advice for BT - learn customer service from Halfords! Strange but true. I dropped my bike down to Halfords this afternoon for its free service to tighten up the cables etc. They were very apologetic and explained that as it was half term, they were very busy and I would have to leave it with them and collect it tomorrow. This evening I got as phone call from them saying it was done and ready for collection. I shall collect it tomorrow morning.
I did attempt to attack the bilge with a paint brush today. The results are as follows....
Not very impressive I agree but you have to trust me that it is a massive improvement from what it was.I have even included oil absorbent mats in the bilge to prevent any spillage contaminating the water.
An email from Derek and NB Clarence confirms progress is being made. Slow over the last 2 weeks by all accounts due to Jonathan Wilson being on holiday but progress is clearly being made and the overall shape is beginning to show some stunning lines.
This afternoon saw me allow myself the little luxury of a long canoe! Another glorious day weatherwise and a very enjoyable canoe. Tomorrow, I need to go into school. It's hard to believe that the week is almost over - I can't remember such a busy week..... ever!
Maybe I'll chill out, relax and read a book or magazine for a while before the week's out!

****STOP PRESS****
A phone call from Derek and Dot Canvin this evening on NB Gypsy Rover confirms that they are near me in the Rugby area. Tomorrow, they plan to cruise up to a bridge near me, (not a bridge too far!) and we plan to meet up for coffee. I'm really looking forward to this, not least of all as it gives me the perfect excuse not to be able to go into school tomorrow either!!


6 Comments:

At 7:19 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Andy,

BT are at least consistent. I took a call from then last week and they offered me a lower rate as a loyal customer and a new BT hub. I accepted and waited and waited. I have just phoned them and they have no record of the call !! Anyhow they offered the deal to me even cheaper and with the hub with a delivery date of next week. So I wait to be disappointed!

FWIW I reviewed other suppliers before staying with BT as they still seemed the best - doesn't say much for the rest does it?

Good luck with your install - whenever it happens,

Nev (NB Waterlily)

 
At 7:36 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanksfor this Nev. It's always good at times of frustration to know others are in a similar situation - I'll race yer - first to get the service completed!!

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger MortimerBones said...

the bilges look great! What paint did you use?

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Game on, but I fear as you have the ear of the chairman (how did you achieve that?) you will be there first......

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I wouldn't hold yer breath! Even the chairmans office doesn't seem to be able to get things moving!!

 
At 7:47 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Bones - I should have known a mention of DIY would get you going! I used Danboline paint from International - prety strong but fantastic stuff and paints over almost anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home