Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend

An enjoyable weekend to end half term! Managed yesterday to get most of the paperwork and school jobs done that I needed to and even a bit of housework! Last night, the temperature fell to -7 degrees according to my outdoor thermometer on the side of the boat! Clearly, the marina froze; the first time this year. The daytime weather has been glorious all weekend though and although chilly, the sun has shone from a clear blue sky.
The spring bulbs are beginning to bud and show real promise and even catkins are dropping into the canal from Willow trees. Today, John and I took the dogs up Sutton Cheney on the Ashby Canal and they tired themselves out running around and chasing each other.
Back to school tomorrow and routine again. My thoughts are now turning to Easter in 5 weeks time and I am beginning to think of somewhere nice and exciting to go in the boat for that time. I need to get out and go off for a cruise as although this week has been useful in getting boat jobs done, I badly miss 'stretching my wings'! Any suggestions of an 8-9 day trip over Easter is gratefully recieved. Hopefully they'll be some news on the BT front this week to report......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home