Friday, February 22, 2008

Updates and weekend!

Since posting on here about my BT fiasco, I have been inundated by people who are fed up with BT and want the contact details of the top honcho! Here's the deal BT - for every day my line isn't active, I shall inform one more disgruntled person of the direct email for the CEO!! Get me sorted or be inundated as I have been.....

Now, the continuing story. A telephone call this morning from Maggie, the CEO's private secretary informed me that she was now taking this on personally. Apparently the bloke who turned up to activate 40 odd lines, needed to do something technical before the line can be activated. She was very apologetic that no-one had communicated this with anyone and actually thought that he might have been a technician from Fujitsu who have the contract for BT's computer bits: BT, Fujitsu, OpenReach - they're all the same to me!

Anyway, the upshot of it is they will need to arrange another time for the bloke to come and perform his black magic or whatever he needs to do before my line can be activated. As for line activation on the 29th - no chance, in fact there never would have been and so that adds to the list of 'confirmed' dates I have been given - I now have a collection of about 3 official letters from BT welcoming me to their services and confirming various dates for my line activation.

I have been told that Maggie will email me regular updates and that I am NOT to ring their customer services number at all as this will only confuse matters.

Oh, and by the way - would I please ask my father not to order any products on my behalf as they had about 8 orders for me on their system including several ordered in the name of my father. Very bizarre seeing as my father not only lives over 100 miles away but has absolutely no idea of any contact names/numbers or anything to order anything so someone somewhere has been simply making that up - the whole story gets more stupid by the second.

Write your own ending - think of the most crazy and rediculous thing they could possibly do, multiply it by 50 and you'll be half way towards the possible real solution....

Well,I am taking my mind of it tomorrow by attending the National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor show at the NEC. Never been there before so quite looking forward to it - another dent in the cards no doubt. If you're planning on attending and looking out for me as a break from my tradition - I won't be identifiably at this show by my characteristic green 'Khayamanzi' shirt or fleece - lookout for me wearing a classy dark blue 'Brinklow Marina' one instead and do say 'hi'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home