Monday, June 16, 2008

Insurance

It's that time of year again. My licence is due for renewal in a months time but that should be a seamless issue as I already have my BSC. I only need to contact BW to make sure my licence arrives before I leave for my summer trip as I don't like being out all summer with an out of date disc while my new one sits happily on the door mat. A letter from my insurance company, Collidge and Partners confirmed that my insurance was due for renewal on 12th July and asked for a cheque fro £450 - and that included my no claims discount!!

It was certainly time for a shop around. Craftinsure.com seemed to tick all the boxes
and a quick phone call confirmed all the answers to my questions. No problem with residential use, no weighting for single handed or cruising after dark, £250 claim on any one item, free legal cover included and I can pay in 12 monthly installments at no extra cost. I quickly signed up and by return of email got my insurance certificate and policy as attached PDF files. That seems to be the way a boring subject such as boat insurance should be in my opinion!
I glanced back to my blog post of July 15th 2007 - what a difference a year makes! This time last year we had howling gales and lashing rain resulting in my school being flooded. Tonight, the cratch is rolled up, I'm typing this in my shorts and the central heating hasn't been used for weeks except to heat hot water.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 pm, Blogger John and Fiona on nb Epiphany said...

You didn't say how much craftinsure were asking!

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

OOPS! sorry - good point. £247 Slight difference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home