Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Just to clarify!

Many thanks to the people at Rose Narrowboats for clarifying one or two points.

They assure me following my comments in the last post that their slippage speeds do not exceed 1 mph and that they have never had any breakages in the past as a result. Regarding the rudder bearing not being replaced I have been assured that there is nothing wrong with the existing bearing and that replacement would have been unnecessary to resolve the issue, (I have the full technical reasons that I would be willing to forward to interested and relevant people on request.)

All sounds quite plausible to me but I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has had a similar problem, (especially with a Liverpool Boat/NBC fit-out,) and how they solved the problem or indeed any suggestions for a cure. I'm afraid I am something of a perfectionist and very 'OCD' prone with things like this and any imperfections in the running or maintenance of the boat I simply cannot accept or live with!

Many thanks to the people at Rose Narrowboats for the job they did and, as I have said before, I am more than pleased with the finished result, the value for money and would still recommend them for boatyard services.

Granny Buttons has his Streethay Wharf and Khayamanzi has his Rose!

3 Comments:

At 8:13 pm, Blogger Kev's Blog Space said...

Hello Andy

Here's my boat coming out in April.

http://bigglesw.blip.tv/#921683

Kevin

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

A great movie! I'll give it a bigger link in my next post. Cheers.

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger Kev's Blog Space said...

Hello Andy

Had tea and cakes with Sue & Vic of No Problem the other day.

On my blip.tv site there are a couple of other NB videos. just look for my channel

http://bigglesw.blip.tv/.

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home