Saturday, May 24, 2008

Staying ahead!

Nothing much to report but I've just spoken to my brother on the phone who is moving his boat slowly towards Brinklow. He told me he was going to update his blog tonight just to stay ahead of me. Well, we can't have that can we! I may be in the middle of the Lake District, in the middle of nowhere but technology can't beat me so I thought I'd add a quick entry, (the sibling rivalry has already started!).


Travelled up last night on a relatively clear road surprisingly enough. After managing to bust the lock on the caravan door and then break a vital pole on the awening, my tent was finally put up in the awening in the dark and very late. We're staying here - Skelwith Fold Caravan Park; well if it's good enough for Bill Oddie, it's good enough for us!


Today we went into Kendal to get some shopping; a battery charger for the caravan and some bits 'n' bobs beforeheading to Eterwater for a little 7 mile 'easing in' stroll. Unfortunately, not only was the route not exactly the most startling but it was also very well made up and so resulted in millions of others joining us at various stages for different sections of the walk. We're now going to start looking through the various sources we have for a good open and wild walk preferably up a pike somewhere!
I'll leave you with a picture from todays walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home