Sunday, May 11, 2008

A little on the thin side!

It always makes me smile when I see or hear people using technical jargon and getting it completely wrong! Now I might be making myself look stupid here, (and please correct me if I'm wrong,) but I think the technical term for the lavatory this advert is explaining is 'macerated' and not emaciated!! The Google definition of 'emaciated' is along the lines of thin, starved and bony - hardly the description of a toilet me thinks unless it's intentional and he means to say that he has never put anything down it and so it has been starved! I'm not even going to speculate on the 'sound insulation in ceiling' comment - why the heck would you want that!? I assume that 'boarded out in oak and ballasted' means that the walls are lined with concrete slabs and pig iron contrasting nicely with the oak? What an hilarious advert!

Today, the weather has been even warmer! Simba refused to eat his dinner tonight as it was too hot and although I have a leg of lamb in the oven, I know how he feels! I managed to go for a canoe this afternoon which was good and nice and refreshing, especially as on my return, I decided to get in the water and rake up some horrible green slime that appeared in front of my boat!

A busy week ahead with Sats and a presentation to the Governors on Tuesday evening.

I'll leave you with the latest promotional video from BW to enjoy when feeling stressed!

6 Comments:

At 4:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also risking being thick - not heard engines on inland wateway boats being rated by CC. We surely are interested in HP and torque, and not bothered about the capacity of the cylinder. Now if it was a power or ski boat.....

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Some of the older engines are such as the old BMC's and other marinised motor engines, but I agree - on a widebeam?????

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger Kev's Blog Space said...

I saw that ad, and chuckled at the toilet description.

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Glad it's not just me being thick then!

 
At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look in the latest WW, the Piper Boats ad states they make boats for disconcerting clients. One assumes they mean discerning. I love these mistakes when people are trying so hard to impress.

 
At 5:26 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I think that's even better - great one. Thanks, I'll scan it if I get chance and it to my collection!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home