Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back home and back to routine!

Nothing much else to add except that life is now only one washing machine load away from normality. Everything is unpacked, the second load of washing is in, the shopping has been done and the boat sorted.

When I get chance I'll take a picture of Khayamanzi in her new shiny blacking. The hull has been blacked and looks very good, the new anodes are shining under the waterline, the engine has been fully serviced, the prop protector has been fitted and is ready for chomping action but..... no replaced tiller bearing! I seem to be jinxed with this leaking tiller. No-one in the world seems to be able or want to do anything to solve it. Apparently Rose Narrowboats felt it was not necessary to replace the bearing as it is fine - what it needs is a little black rubber washer put in at the bottom when it's next out of the water!!???? A gentle reminder that it has just been out of the water and we have agreed that they will pull it out at some point in the future and put the rubber thingy on! Watch this space. I have to say the work they have done so far seems to be very good and reasonably priced so my recommendations of them still stands. Unfortunately I don't feel they have, on this occasion, met my high expectations to warrant a special mention in my right hand column of highly recommended companies. Let's see if they can solve this leaky bearing and complete the work I listed on the confirmation letter before I re-decide!

One more day to recover tomorrow before back to school for another 7 and a half weeks leading up to my summer cruise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home