Friday, May 30, 2008

Last day

I shall start with the good news - the work on Khayamanzi has been completed and my brother has even taken her back home to her moorings to save me a job tomorrow. How well the work has been done etc, I shall report on tomorrow when I get to see her myself.



Last night on the spur of the moment, we decided to go off out in the evening for a mystery tour! Following little but our instincts and the lure of a narrow winding mountain road, we travelled on and ended up at the end of Lake Windermere by a car ferry crossing. A quick rummage around to find the required £3.50 from under the car seat and we decided to go across. A short but very pleasant experience with views like this:



Today, our final lazy day of being a Lake District tourist! We set off this morning for a boat trip on Ullswater from Glen Ridding to Pooley Bridge and return about the Good ship 'Lady of the Lake'. Beautiful views although Simba wasn't over impressed at being on a boat on holiday!


It did give us a chance to admire some real 'seamans skills'....
(Actually he missed it on this attempt but I made him feel better by telling him I hadn't taken a picture- I hope he never finds this blog!)
The evening saw us back over Hardknotts Pass and an evening barbecue alongside a little beck before returning home to begin contemplating 'Life after the Lakes'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home