Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Climbing in the clouds

Pouring rain most of the night and much of early this morning so a lazy start with a fried breakfast before deciding what to do. We eventually decided to head out and risk one of the lower walks planned, over Place Fell and along the side of the hill overlooking Ullswater. The descent was somewhat cloudy and dank with a nice little scramble up the final part. Getting down was a different matter but the trusty GPS found a safe path and no mountain rescue was needed on this occasion! The walk back was beautiful as the clouds lifted enough for us to see over Ullswater and enjoy stunning views.


A simple text from Steve as I arrived home this evening stated that 'K2 has landed'! He is happily installed at Brinklow and I have asked if he can check my boat at some point in the next few days to see how it's getting on!
Here's a picture to show boating - Ullswater style!!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 am, Blogger Nb Yarwood said...

Hi Andy
What GPS do you use? Joe and I are looking to buy one that will take Memory Map for dog walking.
Lesley

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there. I use Memory Map on my HTC TyTn 11 PDA phone unit. It has an integrated Sirf Star 3 GPS receiver and the added advantage of full colour screen, (only available on very expensive dedicated gps units.) Each night I plot the proposed route on the laptop and then download it onto the PDA phone to follow having already 'followed' it in virtual 3D on the laptop screen first.I highly recommend both the HTC unit and Memory Map.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home