Monday, June 02, 2008

Hull blacking

There's no escaping my spies! I may have been 200 miles north in the Lake District but I have still kept in touch with what went on on Khayamanzi. Thanks to some moorers from Brinklow who just happened to be at Rose Narrowboats on the day Khayamanzi was pulled out, I have the following pictures to publish.
Lining her up for the 'pull out'.
Up she goes and be warned it's jolly steep and fast! One glass smashed in the cupboard and on collection my lizard tank was only just hanging onto the shelf!
Almost out of the water.
All ready for the work to begin.
Let the work begin.....
A close up of her back end priot to the work starting.
Another evening, I'll post some pictures of the completed job.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.
Great pics. We will have that job on Hadar next year.
We will be doing the work ourselves, so that will be fun hahaha.
We are on the Thames at the moment and the river is flowing fast, so looks like we may have to stay moored up, until it slows down.
Having a fun time though.
Hope your keeping well.

Jo

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jo and great to hear from you again. Every time I use that bitumen paint I end up with more on me than the boat! Enjoy the Thames and stay safe down there.
Regards,
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home