Friday, June 06, 2008

Toilet trouble!

It is a well known fact that if you stick a bunch of boaters in a room together with a bottle of something or another it won't be toolong before the conversation is directed towards toilets! Cassettes or pump-outs, to blue or not to blue, the toils of macerators, size of holding tanks etc etc. Well, I have lots to talk about right now.

My toilet, (A Vetus WCS series macerator attached to a 47 gallon plastic Vetus holding tank if you must know!) has lost its suck! It now takes several flushes to empty the bowl and I often have to switch the water off to prevent it over flowing. The other day I thought I felt a split int he waste outlet pipe and saw water dribling down it. Today, my father visisted Lee Sanitation to get a new pipe and speak to them about the problem. They were very helpfuland sold us a new pipe as well as a bottle of de-scaling stuff as they reckon the problem is down to a build up of limescale. Quite probably given that I have never de-scaled it in nearly 5 years! Add to that the fact that I can't find a split in the pipe for love nor money and it looks promising. I'll let you know after I have soaked the system in de-scale stuff for the night.

It's officially summer! I have now planted my summer plants in the tubs on the roof, (pictures to follow!)

The weekend looks busy as much of tomorrow is to be spent running the sound system for a local fair - I must have 'mug' written on my forehead!

One of the readers of this blog has his own blog space and has posted some great little video clips, either time lapse or sped up. The narrowboat ones are great and give a real flavour. See them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home